Monday, April 16, 2012

Stones Along the Miles...

I have been selling, donating, and handing down Jack's outgrown baby items as fast as he's done using them.  This weekend we bid adieu to one of the biggest piece of baby gear - the crib. 

Ryan and Jack recently decided that their favorite place to play was in the crib, and I started to worry about Jack trying to climb out of the crib in the middle of the night.  I got a good deal on a toddler bed from one of my coworkers, and today we decided to make the big switch. 

 The "Jack in Overalls" quilt my grandmother sewed for him fits perfectly!

 
Jack immediately climbed up and went "nigh-nighs" (with Duck and Bank, of course)

 We kept the musical aquarium nightlight
 I couldn't tell who was more excited about the bed...

 Jack in Overalls!

I freecycled the crib, giving it to a young mother-to-be who was very grateful.  Sam was a little emotional about the change, but Jack has adjusted to the new bed well.

No comments: