Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Birthday Bathroom

You know you've been married a long time when you tell your husband that all you want for your birthday is a "freshened-up" bathroom.

I won't gross you out with BEFORE pictures, but trust me, this bathroom was in dire need of some updating.  Without spending a ton of money, here's what a coat of paint, new lighting, new flooring, a cabinet, and new towels looks like. Best birthday present (that didn't involve diamonds) ever!
Of course, what I sold Sam on as a "two-day project, TOPS" turned into a two WEEK project, during which time the bathroom was unusable - so we had to make do:
The boys really enjoyed taking their nightly baths in the laundry room utility sink, and I really liked not having to kneel to bathe them - but going up and down the stairs with PJs and what-all was a little much.

It wouldn't be a Fleming home project if it were totally finished outright - Sam still owes me a frame around the bathroom mirror, but I'm not in any hurry.

No comments: