Ryan's school hosts one fundraiser a year - a Fun Run. The kids are encouraged to get pledges and raise money based on how many laps they run. I love it because it's a healthy activity and I don't actually have to do anything - OR SO I THOUGHT.
The kids all got these ridiculously adorable head bands. The PE teacher outlined the basics, and they were off! The kindergartners' course ran 1/8 of a mile around the baseball field.
To help the kids keep track of how many laps they ran, older students and parents were handing out Silly Bandz rubber band bracelets. Ryan finished his first lap, got his band, and said, "Whew! I'm TIRED! Let's go get a drink!" I explained to him that he needed to keep running, and the whining started immediately.
Finally I suggested that he could walk a lap, and I would accompany him. That, of course, turned into running (I was NOT dressed for running, and it was HOT!) and we managed to run 7 laps together.
On the next lap, Andrew ran out and joined us, which was a pace I was happier to maintain.
We went into the classroom to cool off and the kids posed for a group picture.
Jena and I joined the boys for lunch in the cafeteria, which was fun.Everybody was pretty tired from the running...
...except Andrew, who never stops being so cute.
Grandma Nancy pledged $1/lap for Ryan, and then she added $7 for the laps I ran, which Aunt Sarah matched. Sam doubled those pledges at $2/lap, so Ryan turned in $60 to support the PTA. The school ultimately raised $34,000, so I guess it was a successful fundraiser!





No comments:
Post a Comment