Saturday, September 11, 2010

Welcome to the Future!

My mom lives in a rural part of Missouri that only recently got high-speed Internet service, so she can finally view the videos I post here. Unfortunately, we haven't done anything really video-worthy lately (actually, I never seem to have the camera handy when Ryan does something adorable), so here's 3 minutes of Ryan eating breakfast today, all the while discussing the merits of composting, peaches and cafe au lait.



We are trying to wait patiently for Jack's arrival, but it is hard. I have thrown much of my energy this week into cooking and assembling enough meals to tide us over for a few weeks - thank goodness for the full size freezer in our basement. I put together some family favorites, like bourbon glazed salmon, teriyaki and ginger pork tenderloin, and turkey meatballs, plus I got a book from the library called Frozen Assets: Cook for a Day, Eat for a Month. It actually took me four days to make 40 meals (and on each of those days I was too tired to cook dinner!), but the freezer is now STOCKED.


This morning I discovered Sam in the basement, sorting through piles of ski and camping gear, hauling cardboard boxes out to the recycling pile, and generally... NESTING. For my part, I've installed Jack's car seat, packed my hospital bag, and sorted through the 2T fall/winter clothes we've received as hand-me-downs for Ryan. The last time we nested simultaneously we rented a Rug Doctor to shampoo all the carpet in the house and bought a new car - Ryan was born five days later. So let's hear it for nesting!

No comments: