Saturday, November 29, 2014

Rocky Mountain Toy Train Show 2014

It's an annual tradition, more anticipated than Thanksgiving, to go the Rocky Mountain Train Show every year. I think this was our fifth year, and the boys have been talking about it for days.

I can never tell who is more excited for it, Sam or the children...
Ryan and Jack had a hard time in the trade show area as there were many expensive train cars that they couldn't touch (and some VERY SERIOUS adult train enthusiasts who seemed to think children had no place at the show...) but they enjoyed checking out all the elaborate train layouts. 

Sam found an engine and three train cars that he couldn't live without and I bought a Tonka cement mixer for the boys for $10 (but the guy selling it was adamant that it should go on a shelf and not be played with - yeah, right). 

They (and I) were particularly intrigued by the Lego train layout - this building was "on fire" with real smoke pouring from the roof. 
The kids loved watching the big garden railway, but eventually it was time to bid farewell to the train show for another year.

No comments: