Monday, June 3, 2013

Let The Sun Shine In

Today is Jack's first day in the Sunlight room, the next step up in the preschool for kids 2 1/2 to 3 1/2. I'm not great at remembering to take "milestone" pictures but I did grab my iPod as we got out of the car.  The photos aren't great, but you get the idea!

Ryan's milestone today was putting his shoes on the correct feet - but his shirt is on backwards.

  The trees leafed out nicely, so of course the first thing the boys wanted to do was to rip leaves off...
 ..."I got it for you, Mama!"
 What a card.
 Washing hands in Ryan's classroom...
 ... then giving Jack a "have fun in your new classroom" hug.
In the classroom we had to find Jack's new cubby and swap out all the fleeces and long-sleeved shirts for shorts and more pairs of unders - because OHBYTHEWAY, Jack is fully potty-trained. No more diapers for us (except at night, but he's dry 80% of the time then too and we're just using up our stash)!
Here's Miss Ruth, the Garden Room teacher who transitioned with them, and Fritz, who Jack claims his is best friend and, obviously, partner-in-silliness.
 I imagine these two produce lots of shenanigans throughout the day!
The only thing I'm sad about is the end of the daily note coming home - Ruth wrote such great descriptions of their activities and Jack's contributions that I really felt like I had been there all day (without the responsibility of wiping noses, bottoms, or cleaning up after meals).

No comments: