My college friend Amy is the one ultimately responsible for me ending up in Colorado - she moved to Boulder after graduation; a year later when I realized Boston was not where I was meant to be she suggested I think about Colorado. I didn't have to think too long (but I did say I wouldn't move to Boulder!).
Denver is not that far from Boulder geographically, but it is a challenge to coordinate schedules and we don't see each other very often. I am blessed in that every time I see her she's bearing clothes and toys her boys have outgrown!
We took advantage of the beautiful weather we've had this week to meet in Golden and walk along the river to the playground. Her oldest son is in elementary school but Max was able to join us for the adventure.
| Huge breakfast at home, scones at the coffee shop and snacks 10 minutes later. How is Ryan still only in 3T pants?! |
Max was off climbing and sliding and swinging on the big kids' playground; Jack wanted to swing in the little kids swing for a while, but Ryan went straight to dig in the sand. I think it's because it was the easiest way to play and eat snacks at the same time.
Only once the snack bag was empty did Ryan run around a bit. He even wanted to ride the zipline-like sliding monkey bar thingamajig a few times, which is quite a brave showing for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment