Saturday, January 21, 2012

MOAR STOCK SHOW!

Seriously, I can't get enough. My dream is to get a season pass and go to the Stock Show every damn day of its 3 week run. This time we went with Matt & Jillian and little Ava Grace.

Chickens!

No interest in the pony rides (again)


I love this series of photos - Ava looks quite perturbed that JACK gets to drive the tractor - "What, just 'cause he's a boy and I'm a girl he automatically gets to drive?!"

Excellent backseat driving there, girlfriend.

Then we headed over to the petting zoo, which again Ryan wanted nothing to do with. I don't really blame him - it was really crowded with both people and animals. He did decide to reach through the fence and pet a sheep from outside - clever little problem-solver, that one.

Jack happily went in with Daddy, wisely avoiding the business end of the goats...

Confident, but still wanting to make sure Dada is close at hand

This little man on the right is also being wary of business ends...

The small livestock being judged today were sheep and rams - we saw a lot getting groomed and sheared - a concept which baffled Ryan to no end. "But WHY are they cutting off their fur?"

Then we headed out to the cattle barn - I was hoping to see the bison auction, but we saw Scottish Highland cattle instead. Those are some big, hairy, horn-y mothers...


The weather was beautiful (strange, since historically the temperature plummets during Stock Show days) so we went outside to see the Stock Dog Championships.

Everything's better with a cheese stick


Aloha Stock Show - we'll be back next year!

No comments: