Monday, December 15, 2008

Milestones

It was a big weekend in the Fleming household. On Saturday morning, we realized that Ryan's umbilical cord stump had fallen off, and left behind a perfect little "innie". It was a beautiful day, so Mom and friend Jillian took Ryan and Casey dog for a stroll around the neighborhood in the Baby Bjorn.

On Sunday we finally got up the nerve to give Ryan his first bath - I don't know why, but the whole idea made me really nervous. We survived, though, and now he smells like a baby again (thanks, Burt's Bees!)

Our last big milestone was the most exciting - he's finally big enough to wear the g diapers I've been stockpiling for the last few months. We love the fact that you just flush the messy liner - no diaper pails or washing cloth diapers. I know, I never thought I'd get so excited about poopy diapers!

A big thank you to everyone who has come to visit the little guy, bearing gifts and food. So far he has slept through every visit - but we've certainly enjoyed the attention, too!

No comments: